Friday, March 16, 2012

Trilobitten

My dear sister knitted me a trilobite for my birthday!  Miss L adopted it immediately and named it "Trilo". 


He's already been on all sorts of prehistoric adventures, most of which involve skittering all over people nearby.



Miss L's love of fossils has resulted in pretty sophisticated prehistorical knowledge for a 5-year-old, but that notwithstanding, at one point she looked up at me and said, "what did trilobites eat?"


So we looked it up.  Yay for a well-stocked home library!  "Small particulates" was what it said, though, so then we launched into a mini-study of what modern crustaceans eat.  Seaweed and sea creature eggs and whatever else comes across their path. 


All the trilos in the house have been swarming all the play kitchen foods ever since.   If you're interested in making one of these, my sis said it was a fun little project on Ravelry.  He matches my own trilobite stichings, too.  We are being overrun...

No comments:

Post a Comment