Friday, November 4, 2011

Booklist: Eruptions!

Prepping for a field trip with a homeschool group to Ape Cave and Mt. St. Helens this weekend.  Like most of my field trips (with groups, or just the family) the point of it is really just to be out and about and see what's out in the world, but I usually like to wrap in some kind of earth science theme around the thing, too.   This time, it's just natural to make that be the different kinds of volcano eruptions. 


Mt. St. Helens steaming away in the background during our last trip to the volcano, October 2010.

I will make sure not to lose it if I share with you the list of recommended books I'll be handing out to the group, if they want to do additional reading.

For the youngers:

Volcanoes (Smithsonian) by Seymour Simon


For the olders:


For high school/adults:


All ages:



See?  Steaming!  Crossing my fingers for weather this nice this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment